Either you are really cheating and you want your wife off your trail or you are not cheating and you are being accused and nagged about it. Both situations are far from being comfortable and you would want to walk out of it as soon as possible. The solution of this dilemma depends on where you are from the mentioned situation.
What if you are indeed cheating and your wife knows?
If you are cheating and your wife is on you, then it is time to evaluate your intentions. You know, there is power in clarity and if you are clear with what you want out from your escapades; then the solution of this problem won’t be too hard to come by. So, how would you know what your intentions are?
What are your reasons why you have cheated?
For every action there is a cause. You have to know why you cheated in the first place. Cheating in general can happen because of the following:
1. You are unhappy with your current partner and you succumb to the temptation of easing this unhappiness in somebody else’s arms.
2. You were such a flirt and before you know it, you found yourself having an affair.
3. Or cheating is just second to your nature that you can’t help but cheat.
What is your best course of action if you are really cheating and you are being suspected of it?
If you know your reason for cheating, you can disengage yourself with your mistress or perhaps your wife. There are at least three things you can do depending on how you feel.
1. You love your mistress more than your wife. If this is the case, then you better start thinking about divorce. Better to cut loose as soon as possible before you cause more hurt.
2. You love your wife and your mistress is just a pastime. You don’t really care for your side date and you know that your wife is suspecting you of cheating then you need to stop you affair as soon as possible. Soon enough to prevent your wife from catching up on you and for your mistress to let you go without so much drama. You wouldn’t want her spilling the beans to your wife.
3. You are unhappy with your marriage life but you still are for your wife and really don’t care much about your mistress. You need to decide focus more on patching up your marriage and stop seeing your side date. You put in more efforts in that direction then you will have fewer problems on your plate.
Once you have it all sorted out minus the mistress, spend more time with your wife. Let her know where you are and what you are up to all the time. If you have nothing to hide anymore, this will not be a big deal. And eventually, the suspicions will ease.
What if you are just accused of cheating and are being nagged constantly?
You must understand that wives who nag their husbands about cheating are insecure and the best way to ease insecurity is to assure her that you are hers 100%. Getting annoyed will only fuel the suspicions. So what you need to do is just kiss her to shut up and try to spend more time with her.
What if her nagging is too much?
If this is the case, then you have to tell her how you feel. However, you see to it that this will not be confrontational. Treat her to dinner and make her feel relaxed. Afterwards, you can tell her how you feel about her nagging and how that hurt you. She has some personal issues to deal and you need to let her know that so that she can deal with it herself.
Any misunderstanding can build a gap between two people and can really break a marriage. You need to be transparent with all your activities with your wife and if you need to end your affair to be able to do this, then do it. If you don’t want yours to end in divorce, then you need to clean your slate and keep an open channel of communication with your wife. Suspicions will only stop if you can bravely say you are not cheating and prove it to her by spending more time with her. You will need to be patient too as you ease your wife’s suspicions and gain her full trust.